Saturday 2 February 2013

Reverence In Music Time

Re-gaining their attention:

A big thing I struggled with at the beginning of my calling was knowing a great way of re-gaining the children's attention without raising my voice or coming across to annoyed when voices are raised, well here are few ideas I've tried and they have worked:

1- Puzzle on the board
- Display on the board a puzzle (I used the picture below, I printed, Laminated and then gut into about 5 pieces)
- Every-time the children get distracted or too noisy, I then take off a piece of the puzzle, if all puzzle pieces are down, we then stop the game.

*Luckily I've never had to take off all pieces BUT its great to getting their attention because as soon as I'm quite and heading for the puzzle, all eyes are on me and quiet*


2- Sweety Jar
- This one I was recommended from a family member and it works AMAZINGLY.
- If I was using this it would last the month (so carry it on for 4 weeks)
- fill a jar of sweets ADD the Label (below)
- explain at the start of the month that you have a jar full of yummy sweets - at the end of them month each child will be able to have some sweets (depending on primary size- you'll share them out equally)
-BUT every time your too noisy or not listening the sweets will go down. HERE IS THE BEST PART:
- If the children loose concentration, become noisy, etc YOU eat a sweet from the JAR.

*This works amazingly, the children quickly quiet down and are focused on you and the sweets*


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great ideas! Thank you for sharing them! :)

    ReplyDelete