Friday 1 February 2013

February - My Heavenly Father Loves Me

This is such a cute song! I'm excited to start teaching the children this coming Sunday (I'm sure the older ones may already know this) HENCE the extra effort to make it fun. I will be starting off by teaching the song using my homemade picture boards. I used these pictures i found online to help me ( coloured in for extra colour)



As I go along teaching this I have added some actions, that they may enjoy (or for the younger ones make it easier to learn) Ive copied them below:

Whenever I hear ( point to ear) the song of a bird (clasp my thumbs together to make bird movements)
Or look at the blue blue sky (Point to the sky).
Whenever I feel the rain on my face ( patter my fingers on my cheeks)
Or the wind ( swish my hand from side to side) as it rushes by.

Whenever I touch (touch my hand) a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree.
I'm glad I live in this beautiful world ( using my second fingers on both hands make a circle)
Heavenly Father ( point toward heaven) created for me.

He gave me eyes (Point to eyes) that I might see,
the colour of butterfly wings.
He gave me ears (point to ears) that i might hear
the magical sound of things.

He gave me my life, my mind, my heart (point to you, your head and then your heart)
I thank him reverently,(fold my arms)
for all his creations of which I'm a part.
Yes i know Heavenly Father loves me. (point toward heaven then to me)

I wont step by step teach these actions as they will remember them when singing the words. (the younger ones may need extra help)

Then depending on the time I plan to encompass the skittles (coloured sweets) game.
Instructions:
1- on a white board write out the lyrics using different coloured pens (preferably colours that are in the skittles pack)
2- pick a child who has sung well and sitting reverently, they close their eyes, choose a skittle from the bowl and taste it - trying to guess (the flavor or colour)
3- if correct they choose a song to sing.
4- if incorrect rub off from white board all lyrics written in that colour

*this goes on for however long you want or have time for*

Then to finish off you try to sing My Heavenly Father Loves me again (off of the white board) however this time words will be missing... for the younger ones continue to do actions to make it easier for them to remember BUT the older primary should try alone!!

GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment